Monday, August 20, 2012

The Breaking Bad Art Project @ Gallery 1988


**I was interviewed by CNN about this artwork. Yes, that CNN! Check it out HERE**
Prints are now available for sale by clicking HERE :)
Wow! Sold out, that was quick. Thanks to everyone who bought a print!
A few artist prints are available HERE 

********************************************************************************
The hits just keep on coming for Gallery 1988!! Just weeks ago was the Arrested Development show, then they packed up and headed east to NYC for Crazy 4 Cult. Now they're back at home and ready to cook! Next up, Gallery 1988 presents "The Breaking Bad Art Project".


Vince Gilligan is one of my favorite people working in television. Not only did he write and produce some of the most excellent episodes of The X-Files (quite possibly my favorite show of all time), He has also given us the best drama currently on television. To say that Breaking Bad is a great show is really a huge understatement, Vince Gilligan and his writing team are beyond brilliant and continually out-shine every other dramatic series currently on TV. 

I've been watching Breaking Bad since the pilot episode hooked me back in January of 2008. I've had to wait through very long breaks between seasons to find out what's going to happen next. I LOVE Breaking Bad, so when I heard Gallery 1988 was going to be doing a small group show, I really was beyond thrilled to be a part of it. 

I am extremely excited to be a part of this show, so without further ado, I present my artwork for "The Breaking Bad Art Project" at Gallery 1988:


"Walt and the Bad Breakers have been cooking up something extra-special in New Mexico. The hit new album "Blue Sky" is loaded with the purest music your ears have ever heard. One hit of their first single "The One Who Knocks" and you'll be hooked. With catchy songs like "Better Call Saul", "The Ballad of Skinny Pete" and "Lily of the Valley", you'll never feel blue again. So get cookin' with Walt and the Bad Breakers today!"

Tracklisting

Along with prints, one lucky person will be able to purchase this one-of-a-kind framed album complete with a crystal blue vinyl record!

Available exclusively at Gallery 1988

A very limited number of prints of the album cover (signed and numbered) will be available at Gallery 1988 in person as well as through their online store: http://nineteeneightyeight.com

Album front/back Artist Prints will be available in very limited quantities through my store (After the gallery show has closed) by clicking HERE


This is an extremely short show, it opens Monday, August 20th and is up for only a week I believe. So if you're in Los Angeles, and you're a fan of Breaking Bad or just awesome art in general, head over to Gallery 1988 and check it out!

"The Breaking Bad Art Project" - Presented by Breaking Gifs
Opening Monday, August 20th 7-10pm
7020 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038

You can just show up, you don't even have to knock. 

A special thank you to Gallery 1988 for letting me a part of this awesome show. They continue to do shows that i'm super excited to be a part of, and I am so honored that they continue to have me.

*******UPDATE*******

On Saturday Aug 18th, Gallery 1988 held a private VIP event with cast/crew and artists. I got to meet a very lovely former high-school chemistry teacher and his son:

Walter White: High School Chemistry teacher, a classy gentleman all around.

...and his son Walt Jr. sometimes goes by the name Flynn, lover of breakfast. 
Very, very kind hearted guy.

 A very nice lawyer offered to help me sort out my financial issues. He suggested I purchase an arcade, I like the way he thinks:

I think he stole my wallet. 

And this very fine gentlemen is the whole reason this gallery show exists. Creator of the greatest show on television, Vince Gilligan! Writer of some of the best X-files episodes and new proud owner of the Breaking Bad album artwork I created for this opening! It's such an honor to have someone who's work I appreciate so much, appreciate my work.

Thank you Mr. Gilligan

No comments: